This policy applies to the collection, use, disclosure, and protection of Personal Data, relating to customers of ExitRealtyHelena.com who uses any service provided, hereafter referred to collectively as (“Services”). ExitRealtyHelena.com Inc. and all of its subsidiaries and related entities (“ExitRealtyHelena.com”), suppliers of ExitRealtyHelena.com, and website users. This policy is effective as of Jan. 1, 2014
- “User”: means anyone who uses any Services provided by ExitRealtyHelena.com
- “Tenant”: means a User who uses Services to lease or purchase real estate, or who uses the Services to determine a potential roommate via ExitRealtyHelena.com’s Roommate Service.
- “Property Management”, or “Providers of Property”: means Users who use our Services that we provide specifically to the professional real estate and mortgage community, and who use these Services to promote, sell, or lease real estate.
- “Verified”: refers to Property Management or Providers of Property, who agree to have their status and history checked, which allows ExitRealtyHelena.com to provide them with a rating, to ensure that Users and potential tenants can make an educated decision regarding the transaction.
Collection of Information
ExitRealtyHelena.com uses a unique system called the “Leascore,” which utilizes criminal history, credit history, leasing history, and other personal information to provide an accurate renter rating of potential tenants. This information is then added to he user’s profile and any potential roommate, leasing agent, mortgage broker, or real estate broker can access it to decide whether the user is qualified.
ExitRealtyHelena.com will not collect or maintain Personal Data that is not relevant to or not required for the conduct of ExitRealtyHelena.com business and will take reasonable steps to assure that Personal Data remains accurate.
“Personal Data” means information pertaining to specific individuals, or by which specific individuals can be identified, including by name, identification number, address, or other personal characteristics or attributes. Personal Data does not include aggregated statistics, compilations, anonymous data, or other derivative data that does not, alone or with other data, identify a specific individual. “Data Subject” means an individual who is the subject of personal data.
Personal Data Accuracy and Completeness: ExitRealtyHelena.com endeavors to maintain Personal Data accurately and relies on its customers, suppliers, and other third persons who give ExitRealtyHelena.com Personal Data, to ensure that the Personal Data they provide to us is complete and accurate, and to notify us of updates and changes to Personal Data as required from time to time.
Updating Personal Data: If you would like to modify or delete the Personal Data held on your profile, please see My Profile or contact the Online Service Center for further assistance.
Personal Data will be treated as confidential, and sufficient internal procedures and controls will be employed to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, use, copying, modification, and destruction. Personal Data maintained by ExitRealtyHelena.com will not be used for purposes that are incompatible with the purposes for which it was collected. Personal Data will not be transferred to third parties, except as required for the conduct of ExitRealtyHelena.com business, and only to third parties who have agreed in writing to protect the privacy of Personal Data.
Ways Personal Data is Collected
- On-line Registration: If you decide to register with a com web site, you will be asked to provide your name, company, country, email, and job type. In addition, you may provide ExitRealtyHelena.com with information when you complete a transaction, fill out a form, or use any other services provided. In this event, we may need to know your name, email address, mailing address, credit card number, and the credit card's expiration date. We may also ask you for certain credit history and tax information. This allows us to process and fulfill your orders and keep you up-to-date on the status of your order. This information is protected by Industry-Standard technology and will not be shared unless to complete your transaction or comply with applicable laws. ExitRealtyHelena.com uses the information that you provide to us during registration to enhance your experience. This may include presenting promotional offers online or via email with your consent or in accordance with applicable law, tailored to your previous purchases. ExitRealtyHelena.com does this to try and make your experience with us more productive and efficient. In the event that a credit report is required, ExitRealtyHelena.com may collect your Social Security number (SSN). Be assured that this information is securely maintained by industry-standard technology. ExitRealtyHelena.com restricts access to SSNs to employees, vendors and subcontractors who require SSNs to support certain products and services. ExitRealtyHelena.com maintains physical, electronic, and safeguards that comply with applicable state and federal regulations to protect SSNs from unlawful disclosure so they remain confidential.
- Leascore: If you decide to join ExitRealtyHelena.com as a possible Tenant, you will be able to use our unique Service and gain a Leascore to help possible Providers of Property and potential Roommates to decide if you meet their qualifications. When doing this, you will be required to provide us with personal information including your social security number, date of birth, credit/debit card information, and other personal information. As previously stated, rest assured that com maintains physical, electronic, and safeguards that comply with applicable state and federal regulations to protect SSNs and credit/debit card information from unlawful disclosure so they remain confidential.
- Use of Social Media: A link to certain social media is allowed for a Provider of Property User to become a Verified User, and for a Tenant to share information with Providers of Property or potential roommates to allow them to gain knowledge of the individual Tenant. By choosing to link ExitRealtyHelena.com to your social media account, you are allowing access to some personal information pursuant to the particular social media’s Terms of Service.
- Cookies: com may also collect Personal Data concerning website users through the use of "cookies" in order to provide better customer service. "Cookies" are files that websites place on users’ computers to identify the user and enhance the website experience. Internet browsers can generally be set to warn you if cookies are used and whether you wish to accept them. Turning off cookies will not prohibit you from using the ExitRealtyHelena.com web sites; it may however limit your use of the sites.
- Mobile Application: When using ExitRealtyHelena.com’s “Mobile App,” your Personal Information may be collected as you provide it and via cookies. You may adjust settings on your mobile device and Mobile App concerning cookies and sharing of certain information, by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
- Calls: Calls to or from ExitRealtyHelena.com or to third parties via ExitRealtyHelena.com may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes. All calls that are recorded between you and a third party are considered private information of both you and the third party, and may be released to either of you upon request.
- Contests, Surveys, & Online Polls: com occasionally conducts surveys, polls or hold contests on ExitRealtyHelena.com sites. While these activities are voluntary, it often requires us to request information from you if you choose to participate. The poll results are gathered and displayed to other site users to show your peers' viewpoints on topical information. The contest information will be used to administer the contest and notify the contest winners, unless otherwise stated at the time of entry.
- Emails, Including Special Offers & Site Updates: If you are registered with a com site, ExitRealtyHelena.com will occasionally send you emails about various products and services that we feel may be of interest to you and/or about site features and changes that we feel you'll want to know about. You can choose not to receive email from ExitRealtyHelena.com at any time (see opt out of emails) and only ExitRealtyHelena.com (or agents working on behalf of ExitRealtyHelena.com) will send you these direct mailings.
- Opting Out Of Email Communications With com
- Literature Requests, Samples, Software Downloads: When you request literature, a free sample offer, or a free software download, we may ask for your name, address, and email address so we can fulfill your request. In some cases, the collection of additional information may be required as part of the offer.
- Information Obtained from Third Parties: ExitRealtyHelena.com may obtain information about you from third parties. We use this information to provide a more personal experience with our Services, to recommend additional ExitRealtyHelena.com Services that you may enjoy, or to correct information that you have provided to us. This information will only be shared with third parties that you have agreed to be in contact with via ExitRealtyHelena.com.
- Location Data: If you choose to provide ExitRealtyHelena.com with your location via your web browser or your mobile device, ExitRealtyHelena.com will use this information to provide you with location-based information and possibly advertisements. As always, you may opt out of this service by disabling the location feature on your device.
Disclosure and Data Usage
ExitRealtyHelena.com will only process Personal Data fairly and lawfully and will not use Personal Data in ExitRealtyHelena.com’s possession for purposes that are incompatible with the purposes for which ExitRealtyHelena.com receives the Personal Data.
ExitRealtyHelena.com will treat all Personal Data in our possession as confidential, and maintain internal procedures and controls designed to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing of data and against accidental loss or, destruction of, or damage to, Personal Data.
ExitRealtyHelena.com uses the Personal Data that ExitRealtyHelena.com collects about you: to process orders; to help us to improve our site and your online experience; to provide you with information about our products and services; for ordering, customer support, payment, processing and service purposes; to transact business with us; for credit checks, collections and related billing or credit purposes; and as otherwise allowed by law.
It is ExitRealtyHelena.com’s policy not to transfer Personal Data to any entity, individual, or organization located in countries that do not provide an adequate level of data protection, unless:
- You have given your consent;
- The transfers are needed to enter into or perform a contract with you;
- The transfers are needed for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in your interest;
- The transfers are made pursuant to approved written contracts or a set of binding corporate rules which protect your rights; or
- The transfers are permitted under applicable law.
ExitRealtyHelena.com maintains collaborative relationships with vendors, subcontractors, strategic partners, and others who assist ExitRealtyHelena.com and our customers in the conduct of our respective businesses. From time to time ExitRealtyHelena.com may transfer Personal Data to these parties to enable them to work with ExitRealtyHelena.com, but ExitRealtyHelena.com requires that they maintain the privacy of Personal Data in a manner satisfactory to ExitRealtyHelena.com and consistent with applicable law.
- com will not transfer Personal Data to third parties, except as required in our business, and provided those third parties preserve the confidentiality and maintain appropriate security of Personal Data and use it only for the purposes provided.
- com will ensure that whenever Personal Data is transferred to foreign countries, it will remain adequately protected.
Personal information transferred to another country may be subject to all the laws of that country, including laws related to national security and anti-terrorism, which may permit law enforcement or regulatory agencies to obtain access to information held by private businesses.
Children Under the Age of 13
ExitRealtyHelena.com will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13. ExitRealtyHelena.com and its website is not designed to attract the attention of persons under the age of 13.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Storage, Security, and Retention of Personal Information
Personal Data in ExitRealtyHelena.com’s custody or control is protected by appropriate technology, policies and procedures designed to prevent unauthorized use, access, disclosure, modification, copying or destruction and to maintain the integrity, availability and privacy of Personal Data.
Sale/Merger: In the event that ExitRealtyHelena.com is involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of its business, bankruptcy, liquidation, or other proceeding, your Personal Information may be shared or transferred. In this case, you will be notified either via email or a posting on our website of your rights in the matter.
Access: Upon reasonable written request, ExitRealtyHelena.com will inform any person what Personal Data ExitRealtyHelena.com has about him or her, the purposes for which it is processed, the recipients or categories of recipients and whether any automatic processing takes place. ExitRealtyHelena.com will take steps to correct or delete any inaccuracies in Personal Data pointed out to us, either directly or through making available self-service mechanisms. ExitRealtyHelena.com will endeavor to notify recipients of your Personal Data of such changes where required. However, ExitRealtyHelena.com may limit access, corrections, or deletions as permitted or required by applicable laws or regulations. ExitRealtyHelena.com may establish reasonable rules for providing access to Personal Data, including procedures and fees for responding to Access Requests.
This policy is designed to comply with the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce in consultation with the European Commission that are available to U.S. companies under the European Commission’s directive on data protection. As ExitRealtyHelena.com , Inc. is a U.S. company, it has voluntarily decided to comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and certify its adherence to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view ExitRealtyHelena.com’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/